Sunday, November 8, 2009

My famous Healthy Oatmeal Cookies

I love these cookies, my clients love these cookies, my friends love these cookies, you'll love these cookies. I don't have a sweet tooth but these hit the spot if you do, there soft and warm and make a great gift to say thanks to someone you care about. These can be made with chocolate chips or raisins, you decide. Enjoy


-Moist Oatmeal Cookies-
3/4 c. canola oil
2/3 c. agave nectar
1/4 c. soy milk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
4 T. flax meal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. oatmeal
1 c. large chocolate chips or raisins (if using raisins I toss them with cinnamon and nutmeg)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream together the canola oil, agave, soy milk, egg and vanilla with a whisk until mixed and fluffy.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and add a little at a time to the creamed mixture whisking lightly to mix together.
4. Stir in oatmeal and flax meal until well blended and then fold in the chocolate chips or raisins.
5. I use a small ice cream scoop to scoop batter onto lined (parchment paper) cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack until completely cool. Store in airtight container, or wrap up as a gift. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment