Saturday, February 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheesecake- For My Love

Everyone knows how spoiled my husband (Billy) is when it comes to the food department at our house. I take full responsibility for the monster he has become, but all the cooking I do for him is out of pure love. I warned him when we started dating that I was a handful, but I also said I would be worth every bit of it. Cooking for him is my way of saying I love you, I cherish you and thanks for putting up with me. I think he would agree it's a perfect trade off. When Valentine's rolls around I usually make him something naughty, this recipe definitely doesn't fall under our eating for health plan but Valentine's is about showering those whom we love with a little extra love. So honey, this ones for you. ENJOY!

-PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE-

*base:
1/2 (14 oz) box graham crackers (2c.)
1/2 c. salted peanuts (I used macadamia nuts because I have a surplus of them)
1/2 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet vegan choc chips)
4 T. soft unsalted butter

*filling:
2 (8oz) bars cream cheese
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
1 c. superfine sugar (I used sucant)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. creamy peanut butter

*topping:
1 c. sour cream
1 c. milk chocolate chips (I used the semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips)
2 T. light brown sugar (I used sucant)

9-inch spring form pan


Cook's Note: All of the ingredients should be room temp. before you start.


1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Process the crackers, nuts, chocolate and butter in a food processor. Once it comes together in a clump, turn it into a spring form pan and press into the bottom and up the sides to make a crunchy crust. Put it in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
3. Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth mixture. Pour and scrape the filling into the crust and bake for 1 hour, checking after 45 minutes. (Iactually cooked mine for only 45 min.) The top should feel set and dry.
4. Take cheesecake out of the oven and set aside while you make the topping. Warm the sour cream and milk chocolate with the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Gently whisk to blend in the chocolate as it melts, then take pan off the heat.
5. Spoon and spread the topping vety gently over the top of the cheesecake, being careful to not break the surface. Put back in the oven for a final 10 minutes.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely. Slice and serve.


**This recipe comes from Nigella Kitchen by Nigella Lawson. As seen on Cooking Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment