Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Again! I think I missed last Monday?! :)- The Green Drink

Well I've been trying to think of a good excuse for missing a week of blogging and I don't have one. So instead of talking about last week let's just look at the week to come. For the last year I've been starting each morning with what I like to call ' the green drink '. Now let's get something straight I know this may sound like a lot of work but the way I feel every morning after drinking this mixture is well worth it. I feel like no matter what I had the day before I'm starting my day off right. Juicing is a great way to get extra fruits and vegetables in our bodies without having to wreck our jaws gnawing on loads of veggies! Before I had a juicer I would put everything (minus the wheat grass) in the blender with a splash of water and blend away. Next I would strain it through a strainer into a bowl. Drink to a new day.

-The Green Drink-

3 to 4 stalks of celery
1/2 cucumber
1 apple cored
1 inch ginger peeled
1 lemon peeled
1 lime peeled
half a bunch parsley
handful of spinach or swiss chard
wheat grass ( if you have a juicer)

Juice all together, if using blender refer to blog above.

* Juicing is thought to to provide even better mineral absorption compared to intact fruit or vegetable because juicing liberates the minerals into a highly bio available medium and separates the minerals some of the fiber constituents, which can interfere with absorption. The green leafy vegetables are the best source of many of the minerals, especially calcium, and this source is made more available by juicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment