Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blog Disclaimer

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting in bed blogging. I should tell you I'm sitting in bed so I can enjoy our new bedroom that my husband and I spent all last weekend working on. New paint, flooring and furniture. We are still waiting on the bed frame so our bed is on the floor right now which I don't mind, surprisingly! (remember I'm a control freak about many things my space being one of them!). Acceptance is the first step right?! Anyways on to the disclaimer, this month has had new challenges for me, a new location for my job and starting holistic nutrition school. So when my life gets too overwhelming I try to simplify, I need balance or I'm not my best. My blog is one thing that falls off the list of 'to do's'. Sad for you and more sad for me, I deal with guilt issues when I'm not able to do it all. I'm sure at times we all feel this way but just know that my blog means a lot to me and it means a lot that you are interested and making the recipes I share. This blog is about food and life and how the two can intersect in a healthy chic way that is responsible to those around us and most importantly ourselves. All I can really say is that I'm still making amazing things and sharing culinary delights with those around me, but in order to have order in my head I haven't had extra time to blog. I'll share a list of what's been happening in my kitchen and I'll make a good effort to follow up with the recipes. If not we'll move on and let go of the 'to do's!

P.S. I have some new pictures of the market, ENJOY!

-What's been Happening-
1. Grilled Pizza: We did a pizza on the grill for my mom's birthday, it was awesome the sweet roasted veggies and the crispy smokey crust were a huge hit. If you have not tried a pizza on the grill, HURRY summers almost over!

2. Peanut Putter Chocolate Cake: This was also for my mom's birthday, as if the pizza wasn't enough we finished the meal with a huge piece of this cake and loved every minute of it. (I found this recipe in Sunset Magazine)

3. Gazpacho: Surprising to me some people have never heard or tasted this wonderful cold summer vegetable soup. WHAT? Easy, delicious, healthy, light and refreshing, this has been our lunch for the past two weeks.

4. Wild Mushroom Ravioli: This is like summer in your mouth! Buy your favorite homemade ravioli, cook according to directions and set aside. Mix up 3 T. balsamic vinegar, 2 T. olive oil in a bowl add fresh lemon, sweet or regular basil, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, toss with the ravioli and serve. Amazing flavor it's light and can be made in bigger portions for friends and family gatherings. (don't forget to add salt and pepper to taste) My husband thinks this dish tastes gourmet. Thanx sweetie!

5. Fresh Garden Saute: I took tomatoes, baby yellow squash, and tri colored green beans and whipped then into a saute with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Topped it with local beehive aggiano cheese. How lucky to have such fresh, flavorful food right out my back door.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this blog. I absolutely HAVE to eat fresh food. I work with Kimberly and she gave me your Quinoa salad recipe that I just made. I love it and am eating it now!
    I heart the Sea Veggies from Farmers Market as well.

    Thanks again- Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, thank you so much for your interest in my blog. I hope to keep you interested. I also hope you can help me convince others just how important fresh food is. Blog at you later.

    ReplyDelete