Sunday, October 18, 2009

Goodbye Farmers Market :(, See you next year.


I have to say my last visit to Saturday's Farmer's Market is bitter sweet. It takes a lot of discipline on my part to get up early, get my farmers market bags packed and get down to the park by 8 or 8:30 to navigate my way through the crowds of people to find the freshest sweetest morsels I can find to feed us for the week to come. The other side of that coin is that all good things come to an end or maybe we can call it a hibernation of sorts, and I look forward to pulling the covers up over mine and my husbands heads and snuggle our Saturday mornings away. The only thing I can say for sure is that we are all so lucky that those farmers show up every Saturday to share the fruits of their labor. For anyone who has tried to grow there own, and I was one of those people this summer it truly is a labor of love. Going to the farmer's market really puts a face to your food. I will miss those friendly faces and the fruits of their HARD labor. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. See you next year, or if I'm lucky see you in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment