Monday, August 9, 2010

SUPER FOOD- Food is Super!


Wow times flies when your having fun or not having much fun at all. This year has certainly been a little of both at are house, July was the topper on that cake of life. We celebrated two holidays (The 4th of July, and Pioneer Day (it's a Utah thing). We celebrated the arrival of new new babies, not our own of course! (Mr. Jude and Miss Adelae). We mourned the death of two sweet animals, (Jude, and Simba). And the biggest shock to our systems was finding out my mom is battling breast cancer. All the while just living, working, going to school and trying to carve out some quiet moments with my love.
Food for me is medicine, more than ever this year when life has challenged me I've challenged myself right back with making smart healthy choices when it comes to what I put in my body. So no matter what I make sure I fill myself up on the foods that will help get me through, kale, collards, garlic, ginger, my green drink, beans, whole grains, fresh local fruit, and of course a cocktail. Be kind to yourself so that you may be kind to those around you, all of us have full heaping plates. Let's make sure there full of the the super foods our bodies crave and need to function so that we can be super heroes in this wonderful bitter but sweet world. Food is Super!

No comments:

Post a Comment