Sunday, August 15, 2010

White Bean Salad- Farmers Market Inspired


So sometimes I need a quick fresh dish that I can whip up in minutes after work. It's usually late so it needs to be healthy and light, this white bean salad is a great choice. You can serve it with a large green salad or with a side of wild salmon or free range chicken. It would also be great for a picnic because it won't go bad in the heat.

-White Bean salad- Serves 2
1 can organic great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c. onion, chopped- FM
2 cloves garlic, minced- FM
1/2 pint small tomatoes, cut in half- FM
1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced - FM
handful basil, torn into salad- FM
handful parsley, torn into salad- FM
2 T. olive oil, 2 T. red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl and dress with olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper.
2. Serve as soon as possible either alone or as a side.

Remember that you can change up the proportions and make this dish your own, I guarantee I wasn't the first to think this up. I am however going to double this and pack it for my lunch this week, and for Billy I'm going to use garbanzo beans for his lunch version of this dish. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. My hubby love white beans, I'll definitely give this a go and surprise him with this new dish. he knows that I really enjoy cooking and love experimenting on new dishes, :)
    I cant' help but notice the 'vegan eggnog' you had on the side, I'm really curious about it. We love eggnog, and vanilla tequila sounds really good, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this recipe works out and your husband loves it, I love making great food for my sweetie too. A little side note my eggnog recipe was posted January 6, if you scroll down on my blog on the right side you'll see past months, click into January and you'll find the recipe. Good luck, and thanks for checking out my blog. B

    ReplyDelete