Tuesday, May 31, 2011

'Fakin Bacon', Egg and Avocado Salad - It's what's for lunch this week

So lucky for me my garden is sprouting up greens. We have kale, spinach, micro greens and Swiss chard (the chard isn't quite ready). I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful bounty, so I took a look in the fridge to see what I could throw together for our lunch this week, and this is what I came up with. Enjoy!

-Fakin Bacon, Egg and Avocado Salad- (this is just a blueprint, you do what works for you) I made 6 salads

1 package fakin bacon tempeh, cooked
12 hard boiled eggs, two for each salad
about 6 cups of greens, I used kale and micro greens
2-3 avocados
sun dried tomatoes, you could use fresh
salt and pepper

1. I divided all of this between 6 lunch containers.

-Dressing-
* see post for Broccoli Romaine Salad (posted June 21, 2010) I used the dressing from that recipe

1. Divide dressing into 6 separate containers to go along with the salad.

** To see a picture of this salad please visit my fan page on Facebook under the same name Cosmopolitan Hippie Chef, click the LIKE IT button and receive updates when I post something new.

Thanks for the support- B

No comments:

Post a Comment