Monday, April 19, 2010

DIY Recipes- Kale Chips


Kale Chips
This picture doesn't do these kale chips justice. This is one of those items I was was happy to remove from my grocery list because I can make them myself. When money gets tight we all look for ways to cut back, well for me the groceries aren't an option. I feel that when times get stressful taking great care of yourself by eating well is the best insurance policy you can have. So make healthy food fun, that's what I have done here with the kale chips. In return it saved me money on my food budget, but I didn't have to budget my health and well being in the process. My good friend Kimmy made them for her family and even her one year old Martine loved them. Good luck and ENJOY!
-Kale Chips-
1 big bunch of kale, stems removed , washed and cut into 1-1/2 pieces
2 T. olive oil
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. real salt (local salt) or celtic salt
1. Toss the kale with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Making sure all the kale is coated.
2. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes at 350. (They are better on the crispier side)
3. Remove from oven and Enjoy.
P.S. This recipe was inspired my client and new follower Nicole, and Elana's Pantry. The weekend I went to make these Elana had them on her blog so I used her recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment