This recipe was inspired by one I saw in Sunset Magazine during the holidays. I thought it would still appeal to having a rich dairy dip but be a little more balanced, due to the fact that it is made from cottage cheese and not sour cream and cream cheese. It's great for a dip or a great topping for a baked organic russet potato (this is how Billy and I enjoyed it yesterday for lunch). Try it out for your next get together. Enjoy!
-Parmesan, Arugula Cottage Cheese Dip-
16 oz organic cultured cottage cheese (I use low fat)
5 oz baby arugula or baby spinach (I use a combo of both)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lemon, juiced and zested
salt and pepper
1. Place the contents of the cottage cheese tub in the food processor, season with a little salt and pepper. (If you like pepper, use a little extra) Pulse a few times to smooth out just a bit.
2. Lightly saute the arugula or spinach in a little oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute just until the greens start to wilt, but are still green.
3. Add the greens and garlic to the food processor along with the lemon juice and zest. Pulse enough to mix well together.
4. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and pulse again to mix in. Taste to check salt and pepper, add more if needed.
5. Scoop into a bowl and refrigerator for a few hours, serve when ready.