Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Roundup

I think that the people around me are sometimes overwhelmed with how much I cook, and worry that for them in their lives it just seems unattainable. Not the case! It certainly goes in peaks and valley's for me, at times I have more time on the weekend and at times I have more time during the week. Whatever the case is I just dip into the reserves, whether that is leftover soup in the freezer or making something like Marinara Sauce for a meal during the week. This weekend I had Saturday to be in my kitchen, Billy was off helping Big Mike ALL DAY. In anticipation for their arrival, I just kept on playing in my favorite room in the house. Wait till you see what I was up to, Enjoy!



It all started Friday night-
Dinner: Roasted Spaghetti Squash w/ Vodka Sauce (Vodka Sauce is on my blog) to be honest I had some leftover Vodka Sauce but I just didn't think it was fresh enough to eat, so I made a quick version of the Vodka Sauce- minus the bacon and vodka and I added mushrooms.



Saturday-
Breakfast: Hot Cereal w/ 'Sausage' and Kale (both recipes are on the blog)
Lunch: The Soup (on the blog) just the broth and soba noodles
Dinner: Leftover Tortilla Soup, out of the freezer (on the blog) this was a last minute fix, I'll explain later!


Just because: Homemade Vegetable Stock, here's the deal I probably make this once a month. It's a great way to use whatever is leftover at the end of the week. Celery, carrots, onions, garlic, stalks of kale, stems of broccoli, greens, sweet potatoes or regular potatoes, peppercorns, always a piece of kombu. Throw all your leftover scraps and veggies into a huge pot, add a gallon of water, bring to a boil. Boil for about 2-3 hours, let cool, strain, divide into freezer bags and VIOLA! you have your own stock for the month to come.


Snacks: Vegan Chocolate Pudding (on the blog)
Herbed Vegan Crackers (on the blog)
Muesli Scones, find at Elana's Pantry.com (these are going in our lunch bag this week)


What I was going to take to a party Saturday night...we didn't make it. Family stuff! Thank goodness for frozen Tortilla soup-
Homemade Guacamole, fresh avocado's, lots of lime, salt, garlic salt, onion powder, DELISH!
Jar of my Homemade Canned Salsa, blended
Laurie's Buffalo Tortilla Chips, local company


For dinner during the week- Marinara Sauce, I'm going to use this for Lasagna Rolls for dinner Monday and Tuesday night.


Sunday-
Breakfast: Gingerbread Waffles (on the blog)
Lunch: out with family
Dinner: No dinner, to full from breakfast and lunch ;0)


For our protein shakes: Homemade Almond Milk (on th blog)


PHEW! I'm tired! Thank goodness I have some recipes to carry us for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment