Monday, March 28, 2011

Spinach, Beet and Quinoa Salad- It's What's for Lunch

We have been having some fun meals for lunches the last couple weeks Lentil Stew, Lentil Salad and now this one!  We are starting to move out of winter vegetables and moving toward spring veggies. Bring on the beets, spinach, onions, radishes and so on. I can't wait to get these vegetables going in my garden, I bought the seeds today!

-Spinach, Beet and Quinoa Salad-

2 c. fresh baby spinach
1/4 c. cooked quinoa
2/3 c. beets, roasted and diced
1/4 c. goat feta cheese
1/4 avocado, diced
1 T. walnuts, chopped coarsely
1 wedge of lemon
fresh ground pepper
*Tomato Vinaigrette (this is also on the blog, posted 2-19-11)

1. All of this in a bowl or travel container with a lid for easy lunch travel.
2. Top with Tomato Vinagrette, or put into a container with lid for easy lunch travel.
3. Enjoy!
P.S. I also packed carrots and hummus on the side for an afternoon snack. Yum! (hummus recipe is on the blog)


4 comments:

  1. Brooke, I love your blog! Happy I found it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amanda. I'm doing my best to make it user friendly and fun. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and this salad looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy went crazy for this salad, I think he had it two weeks in a row. It's now a favorite!

    ReplyDelete