Monday, July 18, 2011

DIY Popsicles- Hurray For Summer

Last summer I picked up some Popsicle molds to make our own (less sugary) Popsicles. Not to mention that Billy is always wanting a 'treat' after dinner and I wanted to make something I could feel good about us having. Well, they were a hit. We had a get together planned with our friends this weekend (Nate & Alisa, and JD & Sadie) whom all have kids (Soren & Jude and Olive & Adelae) and I was in charge of dessert, so Viola Popsicles! I knew the kids would love them. Everyone including the adults loved this treat, I also made sure to pick up some molds for my friends to make their own with the kids, and from what I was told that is the first thing Soren wanted to do the following morning, YAY! These are easy and you should try your own creations, our friend Brittany said she pours flavored yogurt into hers for her kids-great idea! Enjoy!




-Chocolate Almond Butter Popsicles- (this recipe comes from Elana's Pantry)
2 banana's
1/4 c. almond butter
1/4 c. water (I used 1/2 water)
2 T. cacao powder (raw chocolate)
1 T. vanilla
1/4 t. stevia (I used 1 T. agave)

1. All the ingredients go into your vita mix or blender (I used a blender). Mix well and chill in the fridge for about an hour, then pour into molds and freeze. Freeze until ready.

-Sour Orange Popsicles-
3/4 c. fresh squeezed orange juice (I used my juicer, I needed 2 oranges)
3/4 c. fresh grapefruit juice (again I used the juicer, needed 2 grapefruit)
1 c. Whole Foods Blood Orange Soda
1/4. c. fresh lime juice
1/4 c. agave

1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and chill in the fridge for about an hour, then pour mixture into molds and freeze. Freeze until ready.

-Watermelon Lime Popsicles- (I made these for our week of juice fasting)
2 1/2 c. fresh watermelon juice (I used my juicer)
1/2 c. fresh lime juice (used my juicer)

1. Mix these two ingredients together and chill in the fridge for about an hour, then pour into molds and freeze. Freeze until ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment