I used my biscuit cutter to help me mold the patties, this mixture is very sticky and soft.
I had to also enlist my 1/4 c. measure and spatula to get the job done. A little harder than I was anticipating, but the final product was worth the work.
MMM... the yummy yogurt sauce, local goat yogurt and local goat feta.
Fresh herbs from my garden that I used in the sauce, mint, green and purple basil and a little rosemary.
No caption needed for these last two photos, my hope is that they speak for themselves.
- White Bean and Sage Pita Burgers-
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
1/3 c. raw rolled oats
1/3 c. sliced almonds, toasted
2 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 t. fresh chopped sage (I used more)
2 t. Dijon mustard
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly ground pepper
2 (15oz) cans cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. reduced-fat sour cream (I used Drake Family Goat yogurt)
2 T. grated fresh onion (I also used some scallions I had hanging around)
2 T. crumbled feta (I use local feta, crumbled it myself)
Tomato (I also sliced more onion, and cucumber and olives would be great on this-next time!)
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat, when ready add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for just a few minutes until the onion begins to soften. Place mixture in the food processor. Add oats and next 8 ingredients (through egg) process until smooth.
2. Wipe pan with a paper towel. Return pan to medium heat, add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Working with one portion at a time, spoon bean mixture into 1/2 c. dry measuring cup and carefully remove bean mixture with a rubber spatula onto pan. Bean mixture is very soft and sticky, use the spatula to shape mixture into 3/4 inch thick round patty. (As you can see from my photo's I formed all the patties out before hand and I put them in the fridge to set up for a few hours. I just happened to make mine early in the day so they would be ready when I got home late last night.) Cook 8 minutes or until golden turning after 4 minutes. Repeat until all the patties are cooked. (My mix made 8 patties)
3. Combine sour cream (or yogurt), grated onion, and feta in a bowl, (fresh herbs if you have them). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Using the sauce, pita, greens, tomatoes, (cucumber and olives if you have them) build your sandwiches.