Monday, November 29, 2010

Leftovers- Turkey Noodle Soup Ya'll- It's what for lunch

I apologize for the funny turkey picture, my camera is on the fritz and I haven't decided on a replacement yet.

We are all so thankful for the bounty of leftovers that Thanksgiving brings, but then you look in the fridge and say "what am I going to do with all that turkey?". Well try this turkey noodle soup that I found on my Whole Foods app. It's a great way to use the leftover turkey as well as any leftover carrots, celery and greens. And if your lucky like me you can use some homemade turkey broth too. Enjoy!

-Turkey Noodle Soup- Serves 4

1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 t. chopped fresh thyme
3 1/2 - 4 c. low sodium chicken broth (I used 4 c. turkey broth and 2 c. water)
2 c. baby spinach (I used 2 c. chopped kale)
2 c. chopped turkey
6 oz. wide egg noodles
1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained (I used 1 1/2 c. fresh cooked great northern beans)
1 14oz can sliced carrots, drained (I used 3 medium fresh carrots, chopped)
1/2 celery, chopped (not on recipe, but wanted to add some)

1.Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook another 5-7 minutes, until slightly softened.
2. Add thyme and stir to blend. Add broth, spinach, turkey, noodles, beans, and salt and pepper and stir well.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer about 15 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
4. Ladle into bowls and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment